Allow us to add Annotations to Sheet Music

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
claytonbob

Allow us to add Annotations to Sheet Music

Post by claytonbob » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:02 pm

I'm about a Rookie Moderate. I'm trying to learn Linkin Park - In the End. I have about 9 notes in OneNote saying things like "Move to D in Measure 33" or "Slide right to A in Measure 79, but skip B". I've printed the lesson out and I practice it that way with my notes written all over the pages, but when I try to play it in your program I have nowhere for these notes. It would be great if we could add annotations on the music sheets that are visible as that part of the music is ready to be played. I'm sure people with music books write all over them, so why can't we take notes in the program?

EFlatMajor

Re: Allow us to add Annotations to Sheet Music

Post by EFlatMajor » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:16 am

Hello Bob, welcome to the club.

Yes, it would be fantastic to put digital "Post-it" notes on the sheet music of the app but that functionality is not there presently. I believe it has already been discussed and requested as a new feature but I am not sure.

Since the "Feature Request" forum has been locked I am also not sure how to request a new feature.

You might try sending an email to:

support@playgroundsessions.com

And ask about this new feature. Maybe it is already in the new version that is coming soon, or maybe you need to ask that it be added in a future version. They will know what to do. Good luck and please let us know here how it turns out.

Moreless

Re: Allow us to add Annotations to Sheet Music

Post by Moreless » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:11 pm

If you want to manually edit the score to add your personal notes, read this post I made awhile back:
viewtopic.php?t=18695

It shows that words and finger numbers/letters can be added/subtracted and moved up and down by modifying the score's XML file. You can even add colored text as seen in some lessons.