Learning piano without vocal melody

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
Richylee

Learning piano without vocal melody

Post by Richylee » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:55 am

Hi everyone,

First can I start of by saying how much I am having learning the piano and find app so beneficial for having a set program laid out.

My question is I want to play songs as they are recorded so no vocal melody, I'm over halfway through the rookie course but seems every difficulty always has the vocal melody in them.

Is there any way that shows you how to play the songs as recorded ?

Thanks all 🙂

EFlatMajor

Re: Learning piano without vocal melody

Post by EFlatMajor » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:50 am

Hello Richy,

The company has been talking seriously about adding an "Expert" level (above advanced) that would offer original music.

I am guessing it would be implemented in the song store, but I have not heard anything official, only that a number of people have requested it.

Stay tuned.

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:55 pm

They have mentioned that this is a popular request. I think for the song store this is a great fit. What you learn in the boot camps, whether they have the vocal melody or not will still apply to playing accompaniment. They have talked about a course for Accompaniment too, so that they can cover things like transposing to fit the singer's range, and other considerations.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

Richylee

Post by Richylee » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:22 am

Brilliant, all sounds very promising for the future.

Thank you for replying.
Richy 🙂

Jasen Taylor

Post by Jasen Taylor » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:53 am

Hi
Good question
You can give it a good try if it is easily understandable for you to learn without vocals.
This website https://digitalpianomedia.com/ can give better ideas because I am following them for some of the information.

Moreless

Post by Moreless » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:23 pm

You can run the original song through https://splitter.ai to extract the vocals out. Then use something like Audacity to merge the vocal track with Playground Session's .ogg file.
This has worked great for me on a few songs (Habits and Never Be The Same) and not so great on others. The songs it's not working on seem to be do to the original song and the PGS songs BPM differing or the songs are different lengths. You can make them work with, but it might take a lot longer to get them synced.

MiddleC

Post by MiddleC » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:54 pm

I'm trying to understand the topic discussed here (newbie, of course).

I'm realizing more and more that the melody is not played by the instruments, but is sung by the singer. I"m thinking maybewhat they instruments are playing are often chords, but maybe I"m incorrect. I'd say also maybe riffs are played.

I certainly would like to learn accompaniment.

Galm

Post by Galm » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:51 am

Moreless wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:23 pm
You can run the original song through https://splitter.ai to extract the vocals out. Then use something like Audacity to merge the vocal track with Playground Session's .ogg file.
This has worked great for me on a few songs (Habits and Never Be The Same) and not so great on others. The songs it's not working on seem to be do to the original song and the PGS songs BPM differing or the songs are different lengths. You can make them work with, but it might take a lot longer to get them synced.
I can confirms that it works just fine.
But I'm still really interested if later on, we get that "expert" mode with original tracks!