Holiday Medley Challenge

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
EFlatMajor

Holiday Medley Challenge

Post by EFlatMajor » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:30 pm

Well, it's been a week. How has everyone been doing with the latest challenge?

I am really enjoying it. I have been having trouble keeping up (normal), and Thanksgiving weekend really threw me off. Hope to be caught up by the end of Jingle Bells.

sw1tch73ch

Re: Holiday Medley Challenge

Post by sw1tch73ch » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:51 pm

I'm still working on Joy To the World. I had real trouble playing at full speed and spent a lot of time getting up to speed. I just played the final step of the last lesson of Joy To the World - at the slow tempo. Now I just have to get up to speed. One BPM at a time if necessary!

I'm only two songs behind now, I think.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

EFlatMajor

Post by EFlatMajor » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:40 pm

Hey @sw1tch73ch, thanks for replying.

I am caught up as of last night, I am on the rookie track though. Even the "easy" version is not that easy. I think today starts the last week so I feel good about making it to the end.

In terms of 1BPM I feel ya. That is how I do the Hanon's. Learn one at the slow speed, then raise the metronome 2 BPM every 3 days to increase speed to the fast version. Takes forever but for me it works.

dw1015

Post by dw1015 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:46 pm

I am doing the Rookie Medley. So far I am doing really well, the breakdowns make it really easy to learn. I got a late start, so I have been catching up 2-3 lessons at a time. I am actually on my Final Reviews in the Rookie sessions, but I have postponed doing them till after the holidays so that i can focus on enjoying all the holiday music.

EFlatMajor

Post by EFlatMajor » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:41 am

Sounds good dw1015, keep up the good work and enjoy that music.