Song Recommendations

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
brandoncodi

Song Recommendations

Post by brandoncodi » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:05 pm

Hi everyone. I recently started to play the advanced songs and I’ve been having a really hard time. I was able to learn a hard intermediate song quickly and well, so I felt that I was good to move onto advanced. I was having a hard time with the second half of the advanced boot camp, so I thought I could play some simple advanced songs to get my skill up. I already learned million reasons by Lady Gaga. I looked at bring him home (it says advanced easy) but even this is a little bit too hard. Can anyone recommend some advanced songs that are easy but will help me progress? Thanks!

Moreless

Re: Song Recommendations

Post by Moreless » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:00 am

Never Be The Same by Camila Cabello on Advanced - Easy is a good start. It's in C Major. It's also one of the newerish songs. So the backing track sounds good.

The difficulty ratings are kind of weird in PGS sometimes. Some songs that are Advanced you'll find easier than some Intermediate - Hard songs. It also comes down to your personal journey learning piano. Some songs might be more challenging because you've never had to work your fingers in certain patterns, speeds, or unique rhythms.