Piano IN the accompaniment music? Can this be turned off?

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
riverkeys

Piano IN the accompaniment music? Can this be turned off?

Post by riverkeys » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:18 pm

Hello!

What's up with the piano I occasionally hear in the accompaniement music? (for example, When the Saints go Marching in). Is there any way to turn this off? It's extremely confusing when I hear a piano playing the same / similar notes that I'm supposed to be playing.
@.@

I'm referring to a robot piano that seems to be mixed in to the accompaniment music, not the built-in Playground Sessions piano which plays when we press the keys.

If this was a situation like Simon Says where I had to play what the piano just played... that would be cool. But this is more like I'm playing on top of another piano which has slightly different (better) timing than me.

iancrouse

Re: Piano IN the accompaniment music? Can this be turned off?

Post by iancrouse » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:51 am

Hello,

You can turn the accompaniment off by de-selecting the "accompaniment" button on the toolbar. The accompaniment button looks like 3 heads and is directly to the right of the "record" button. Feel free to ask any other questions!

Ian
Support Team Member

Moreless

Re: Piano IN the accompaniment music? Can this be turned off?

Post by Moreless » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:15 pm

You can do what ian said, but you'll be turning off the entire backing track.

If you want to remove the piano from the backing track and are a little tech savy, you can find the .ogg file on your computer and upload it here: https://splitter.ai/# to separate each instrument into their own file. This website is free.

Then use something like the free program Audacity to merge all the parts back together - except the piano you don't want. Export the track as a .ogg file and rename it as the same filename in the Lessons-xxxx folder and move it there.