Don't receive email notifications

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
rickm

Don't receive email notifications

Post by rickm » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:43 pm

I have notifications and email both selected in the UCP, board preferences, notifications. Notifications do show up here on the board, but I receive no emails. My email address in my profile is correct. Do people here receive email notifications? Any suggestions?

rickm

Re: I Don't receive email notifications

Post by rickm » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:54 am

No reply after one month. Does that mean nobody receives email notifications? Or maybe everybody does?

carl.davis

Post by carl.davis » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:12 am

rickm wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:54 am
No reply after one month. Does that mean nobody receives email notifications? Or maybe everybody does?
Hi. I don't usually have email notifications on but I just turned on all of them so we can test this out. I also quoted you in my reply so if you have that setting turned on you can see if it is working.

rickm

Post by rickm » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:04 pm

carl.davis wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:12 am
rickm wrote:
Hi. I don't usually have email notifications on but I just turned on all of them so we can test this out. I also quoted you in my reply so if you have that setting turned on you can see if it is working.
Thanks for helping, Carl!

After about 5 hours I have no email notification for this reply from you.

Here's a reply back to you to test your notifications.

rickm

Re: Don't receive email notifications

Post by rickm » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:06 pm

There's a checkBox at he bottom of the Reply page that says "Notify me when a reply is posted". I do have that checked. I do get notifications here on the board itself, just not email notifications.

EFlatMajor

Post by EFlatMajor » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:52 pm

You should contact customer support

support@playgroundsessions.com

They probably did not enable emails and define a SMTP server when setting up these forums. Email in phpBB is disabled by default.

I don't think anyone here uses it as the message volume is so low. You are the first to ask.

Good luck.

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:52 pm

Are you talking about the email notification for this forum? That seems to be broken. I thought they might update the forum software for that.

But if you mean your normal, not forum, playground sessions account, that should be setup on the normal web page I do get notifications from there about new songs (not always though) and promotions they're having. I don't remember and "opt in" box for that though.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

carl.davis

Post by carl.davis » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:38 pm

rickm wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:04 pm
carl.davis wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:12 am
rickm wrote:
Thanks for helping, Carl!

After about 5 hours I have no email notification for this reply from you.

Here's a reply back to you to test your notifications.
I did not get any emails notifications either. I think that as someone else said here, they don't work for the forums.

rickm

Post by rickm » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:31 am

sw1tch73ch wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:52 pm
Are you talking about the email notification for this forum? That seems to be broken. I thought they might update the forum software for that.
Yes, specifically email notification from this forum. I administered a phpBB for several years, and email notification worked for me then. Perhaps PGS support got tired of users complaining about receiving emails, and tired of instructing them how to turn emails off, and decided to just disable email period.

If nobody else receives email notifications, that's the answer to my question. IOW, it's not just me. I might ask support about it, to see if they purposely disabled email.

Thanks everyone!

rickm

Post by rickm » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:16 pm

PGS support confirmed that they intentionally disabled email notifications.