Android app status?

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
weirwrite

Android app status?

Post by weirwrite » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:35 pm

Could someone - anyone - please post a clear and direct update on the status of a Playground Sessions app for Android?

I have a Samsung tab, and no desire to switch to Apple. I've been waiting months now to purchase a lifetime membership. But no Android app = no go.

Does anyone have any info to offer?

Also ... is there a trial membership available, so I can see PS in action and "get a feel for it"?

Glenn

lucidmusicinc

Re: Android app status?

Post by lucidmusicinc » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:40 am

Apple guy here. Unfortunately you're likely to be waiting a very long time. I have tried to use PGS on the iPad, (the pro from 2018) and even on such an OP device, the app has perpetual connectivity issues. Forced to use the desktop version on the MacBook. We've all been waiting for years and years for something new to drop. If you want to get PGS, don't wait, get the desktop version. Despite it's gaping technical flaws, the service is still worth the price if you get the lifetime option.

rickm

Re: Android app status?

Post by rickm » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:50 am

The new version of the app is being beta tested on iPad right now. Other platforms will follow (don't know the order): Windows, Mac, Android, and perhaps even smartphones. It will be quite a while before you see anything though (my guess).

Here is the link to the free 30-day trial. I highly reccomend Windows or Mac (not iPad) for the current version:

https://www.playgroundsessions.com/youtube-free-trial