waht's the' total time spent 'acutually measuring??

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
Kwisj

waht's the' total time spent 'acutually measuring??

Post by Kwisj » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:07 pm

Hi there.
I wasn't quite sure where to ask this question, so I thought I'd try here. In the 'My Playground' section there is a counter 'Total Time Spent'. What is that actually measuring? Is it the actual time spent pressing the keys, because it does not reflect my actual time practising...I roughly practice three times a day: when I get up, at work, I have a fold up 88 key keyboard, and in the afternoon. Today I must have spent about 2 hours, if not more in front of the keyboard. My 'Total time spent ' counter went up by about 12 minutes. I've only been following the course for 5 weeks, but I must practices at least 2 hours a day, sometimes more, and the counter says I have been practicing for 19 hours 12 minutes: it should be reasing at least 60 hours by now!!!! I have completed 80 of the 93 Rookie courses: when I get to 100% accuracy I move on to the next one. So I'm just wondering what the timer is actaully timing.
BTW I'm really enjoying the courseI I can actually play with both hands, to the rookie level, which I couldn't do just over a month ago :D
Take it easy
Kwisj

EFlatMajor

Re: waht's the' total time spent 'acutually measuring??

Post by EFlatMajor » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:24 pm

Hello kwisj,

I can only speak for the desktop version, but to the best of my recollection "Total Time Spent" is the total elapsed time that you were in the app and:
1 - Playing a practice lesson or song.
2 - Watching one of the lesson videos.
If you exit the lesson or video early, you get no time credit
If you use the loop tool, you get no time credit.
If you don't have an active internet connection, you don't get any credit for anything.

Expect that during a normal practice session of an hour, you should get 10-20 minutes added to "Total Time Spent". If you are practicing something like the Hanons, that number could be a lot higher whereas with a difficult lesson or song that number would be lower.

Just being in the app does not add to "Total Time Spent". You need to be active as well.

Hope this helps.

rickm

Re: waht's the' total time spent 'acutually measuring??

Post by rickm » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:33 am

It does not measure time spent looping either.