Loading download manager

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
davawt

Loading download manager

Post by davawt » Thu May 28, 2015 6:00 am

Hi there
Is anyone else having a problem with the new ( Update 2 )
I did the download and then ran the program as per instructions, but it just gets to a screen saying ( loading download manger ) and sticks there.
Tried twice to run new version but no joy just hangs at the ( loading download manager ) screen.
Dave,
Merseyside, UK

davawt

Re: Loading download manager

Post by davawt » Thu May 28, 2015 2:52 pm

Playground 2 is now up and running. Only had a few goes but seems OK.
But sorry to say I have lost all my Badges, Scores and song downloads. Basically starting from scratch, never mind the new version 2 seems to work better and has a good interface.
Dave,
Merseyside, UK

davidsides
Site Admin

Post by davidsides » Thu May 28, 2015 6:38 pm

Sorry about that. This is a bug we ran into with Macs. We’re working on fixing right now. In the meantime, while the app is open, you can go to Help > Clear Playground Data. Then click on the box next to "Clear Lesson Data," then click "Submit." This will get you past that screen.

seant23
Site Admin

Post by seant23 » Thu May 28, 2015 6:47 pm

Hi Davawt,

We are actually rebuilding everybody's scores currently, so you may not see badges or a correct point total for a bit, but definitely by tomorrow, you should see all badges, scores, stars, levels!

davawt

Post by davawt » Fri May 29, 2015 2:28 am

Cheers seant23 and davidsides
The scores and badges and stuff are already starting to come in. The new program is really much better for the way I can use it and the info side bar is great and the flow from place to place is much easier. Top marks guys I am really enjoying my lessons, good luck with all you do in the future.
Dave,
Merseyside, UK

davidsides
Site Admin

Post by davidsides » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:48 pm

Great!

We'll be rolling out some new a fun things in the near future so keep an eye out for that!

Torhaa

Post by Torhaa » Thu May 21, 2020 2:46 am

Having the same problem on Windows 10 with startup, where Download manager keeps loading forever now in May 2020.
The solution from david May 2015, doesn't work on this.
Can start in offline mode, but there is no content there.
Is there any workaround for this?

[SOLVED] Andrew provided a solution as follows:

"1) Disconnect all MIDI devices.

2) Find the "Playground" folder. Delete it. You can accomplish this one of two ways:

A)
-open the Playground app
-click on the help tab
-click on "open Playground data folder" (NOTE: this is not the final destination. We want to get to the parent Playground folder.)
-Notice that you are in the Local store folder. Click "Playground" in the address bar to view that folder.
-Now you're in the Playground folder. However, to delete it, you need to backtrack one more to the Roaming folder (Click "Roaming")
-You should now be in the Roaming folder, and the Playground folder should be highlighted. Delete it.

OR

B)
-Click the Windows home button in the bottom left hand corner of your screen.
-type %AppData% in the search box, exactly. Press enter on your keyboard.
-You should now be in the Roaming folder. Scroll down until you find the Playground folder. Click it and delete it.

3) Uninstall Playground

4) Reinstall Playground from playgroundsessions.com/support/downloads. Build #582 will download.
"

[UPDATE]
There is some bug causing the download manager-problem to come back the next day.
But resetting on startup works every time and seems to function for a day, before it comes back.
It's a little buggy, but it works.