Cant print from version 2

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
seant23
Site Admin

Re: Cant print from version 2

Post by seant23 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:26 pm

Ah, sorry Russ, we only have print available for songs at the moment, we've talked about adding them for bootcamps though.

Russ1409

Post by Russ1409 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:06 pm

Cool, no problem. The button was there, so....you know....I pushed it ;)

davawt

Post by davawt » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:58 pm

Same here in version 2, Macbook pro user IOS 10.10.3 Yosemite :-

When I try to print music from bootcamp lessons, I get

Connection error: #2032

I can print music from "My Songs" but with problems, they still only print in finger numbers and not note names.

Footnote for both of the above problems:-
I have tried several wireless connection types and used a USB cable all still the same, all other programs work fine.

bye, Dave
Dave,
Merseyside, UK

davidsides
Site Admin

Post by davidsides » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:42 pm

We're currently unable to print the Bootcamp lessons. We're going to be adding an "Extra Practice" section soon where we'll have drills and such that you will be able to print. As for now, the only things that are printable are songs.

davawt

Post by davawt » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:56 pm

The songs print OK only trouble is they still only print finger numbers not Note Names, I have now used 2 of my 3 prints getting the wrong print out.
We had that with version 1.6 and I think I am right in saying that was one of the things that would be fixed.
Shame that little things like that are still in the new version 2.
bye
Dave
Dave,
Merseyside, UK

seant23
Site Admin

Post by seant23 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:21 pm

Hi Davawt,

Send an email to support@playgroundsessions.com with your username, and they will help reset your print count.

Printable sheet music with note names has not yet been a highly requested feature. We definitely could work towards it in the future if more users want that.

We actually render the printable sheet music when we author the arrangements, to make sure they look great on paper. The sheet music in the app is built for computers, without page breaks, titles, etc. So it would involve us doing a some extra work to create some new printable versions with note names instead of fingerings. Just hasn't been a big priority for us just yet, the more people wanting it though, then we will prioritize it higher!

I would create a topic on the forum under the feature requests, and then we can track how many people are interested in this. For now though, if you ever want a note name version, email us at support@playgroundsessions.com and we will hook you up!

davawt

Post by davawt » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:31 am

Hi there
Thanks for the info ( seant23 ) I have made a - Feature Request -

Please see the new - Feature Request - area on this forum
I have made a request for this feature so if you won't note names to print out add your support, hopefully we might get it in a later update.
Thanks for your time, bye
Dave
Dave,
Merseyside, UK

davidsides
Site Admin

Post by davidsides » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:20 pm

Hey guys. I just checked with Sean and he told me that at the moment you're not able to print any lessons from the Bootcamp. You can only print songs from the Song Store.

davawt

Post by davawt » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:23 pm

Hi David
Yes that's it no lessons ( songs ) are printable from the bootcamp, the songs from the songs area will only print in finger numbers not with note names.
Sean got the help desk to (email) attach a note name version of ( I'll be there ) and they did so that's one I can practice for now, I was taught many years ago to use note names not finger numbers, but really just the notes is the correct way I know, but I think it's a lot easier with note names while learning. After saying that another member said they prefer finger numbers so both print-outs would be great.
bye,
Dave
Dave,
Merseyside, UK

davidsides
Site Admin

Post by davidsides » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:32 pm

Unfortunately you can't print from the Bootcamp lessons at the moment. Only content from the song library can be printed.