Leveling up

Introduce yourself, show your set up, discuss tips, ask questions, and more!
dumbat

Leveling up

Post by dumbat » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:07 pm

Hi

I'd consider myself a poor intermediate player...particularly poor is my timing because regrettably I never practiced with a metronome. Remedying this problem is one of my main motivations for using Playground Sessions.

Having completed several lessons from the Rookie and Intermediate bootcamps, I feel like I'm still not hitting the notes dead on time, yet PS is telling me it's perfect. I also noticed that note duration is seemingly not checked.

My question is - when you level-up, does the software become stricter in regard to timing?

Does leveling-up have any other effects?

cheers

seant23
Site Admin

Re: Leveling up

Post by seant23 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:58 pm

Hi,

The faster the temp the tighter the feedback system gets. You can also tighten these up if you really want to get strict by going to Edit -> User Settings -> Advanced -> Playback -> Feedback. We are working on a duration checking system as well. We currently test if tied notes are held through, but we don't check the note duration just yet, but it's a planned future addition.

easyword

Re: Leveling up

Post by easyword » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:08 am

Greetings,

I recently purchased a membership and I must say that this is a wonderful program. There is a feature though that I would like to see implemented as soon as possible and that is checking for note duration. Other music software, less sophisticated than PGS, have always done it. At the very least it should be part of the instant feedback in the form of "note held too long" or "note held too short". We all know that note duration is an essential part of music. Without the relative duration of the notes, there is no rhythm or music at all. It surprises me that the feature is still missing in PGS. That aside, it is difficult or impossible to find a piano teaching software that is better than PGS.

Best,

--Juan.