Selecting specific bars / passages to play

A place to discuss Playground's main curriculum, the Bootcamp.
firefly_t

Selecting specific bars / passages to play

Post by firefly_t » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:56 am

Hi,

I noticed on one of the bootcamp courses that it mentioned selecting and repeating a specific set of bars to practice. I have tried all the buttons and selection bars etc, but cannot find this functionality. This would be really helpful if this is something I can do for more challenging later pieces.
I am using an iPad pro.

Thank you in advance!

EFlatMajor

Re: Selecting specific bars / passages to play

Post by EFlatMajor » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:04 am

Hi firefly,

The quick answer to your question is No, this functionality is available on the desktop version of PGS but not the mobile version. Check again when the new platform is done and PGS is released under that.

You can get a lot more information by reading this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=19824&p=27152#p27152

firefly_t

Post by firefly_t » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:40 am

EFlatMajor wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:04 am
Hi firefly,

The quick answer to your question is No, this functionality is available on the desktop version of PGS but not the mobile version. Check again when the new platform is done and PGS is released under that.

You can get a lot more information by reading this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=19824&p=27152#p27152
Thank you EFlatMajor, I missed that post when I looked through to see if it had been asked already :D

I knew I saw something about a new version of the software somewhere. I hope Playground Sessions has some investment put into it.

firefly_t

Post by firefly_t » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:47 am

That's disappointing, I spotted the same thread regarding the requested missing features for the iPad in a now locked technical support section.
I appreciate that they have a technical support email address, but this seems off to lock off a section where people have requested features going back quite some time without an official response. I know things take time to do (especially with a small team) but these are going back years.

I wonder whether I have now bought a years subscription to a dud application :(

EFlatMajor

Post by EFlatMajor » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:22 pm

Definitely not a dud. I think its a great product and I use it quite a bit.

As far as the lack of a looping tool for Apple goes, I see 2 options:
1 - Get an old Windows laptop or desktop and use the desktop version to access that feature. (Your PGS license allows for installs on 2 computers, not just one.
2 - Put the music on the screen and practice that section without hitting "Play"

I read the problem with that tool on Apple was related to iOS, and not to anything the developers are doing.

PGS absolutely wants you to send email for customer support. I have no visibility into the company but I believe they have a ticketing system to manage customer support. They were present a very long time in these forums, then not at all, then they came back, and now it seems they are gone again.

I believe all the tech support threads are locked (because they want you to check their FAQ section and send that email.) I can understand why they would want to do that.

Don't forget about the playground sessions facebook community. 1000X more active than these forums. But it is facebook, if you are into that.

In terms of the new platform, I have read "on the way" and "soon". Nothing more specific than that. But it will be here eventually and I am sure it will be worth waiting for.

Anyway, I hope you stick with it, I have a lifetime license so no worries waiting for new features. They add new songs and lessons all the time. Sometimes I feel they are releasing more content than I am completing.