Intermediate Bootcamp - Broken Chords - extremely difficult!

A place to discuss Playground's main curriculum, the Bootcamp.
JAW1982

Intermediate Bootcamp - Broken Chords - extremely difficult!

Post by JAW1982 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:55 pm

Working through Intermediate Bootcamp - Broken Chords - Mozart Sonata - and this lesson is extremely difficult to complete.... I can't master this lesson after weeks of practice, even at a VERY slow tempo. This lesson appears to have been for someone with a much higher skill of playing...

Any suggestions on how to get thru this lesson? Anyone else find this lesson difficult?

EFlatMajor

Re: Intermediate Bootcamp - Broken Chords - extremely difficult!

Post by EFlatMajor » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:04 pm

Hello JAW1982,

I am in the intermediate bootcamp, but unfortunately not up to broken chords yet.
JAW1982 wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:55 pm
I can't master this lesson after weeks of practice, even at a VERY slow tempo. This lesson appears to have been for someone with a much higher skill of playing...
I would interpret that as "I went through the lessons too fast and now I am stuck", If that is true, I can give you these general suggestions:

- Go back 10-15 lessons and do them again.
- Make sure you work to get 100% on every part
- Take your time redoing them - like 2 per day. This helps with maintaining muscle memory
- Check out the YouTube channel - tons of instructional videos on chords, I am sure they cover broken chords in at least one of them.

If all else fails and you don't mind your personal privacy thrown out the window (even a "fake" account won't save you), you could always try Facebook. The company has a group set up and you could ask for help there. Expect to get a lot of responses off on a tangent or completely useless. Consider yourself lucky if you get a response that is helpful. Consider yourself super lucky if you get a response from one of the teachers - that would be gold.

You likely won't get much help on these boards here. Seems the company deprecated them a long time ago, and they are only here because the app could crash without them. Also seems that all the regular posters have either become lurkers or left completely. Feel like I am the last man standing. The last dozen posts or so seem to be from Russian spammers trying to use Google Translate! So, yeah, I am done as well. I learned so much from reading ALL the posts on this forum, but from now on I will practice on my own.

Good luck with the broken chords and take care everyone!

SJunior22

Post by SJunior22 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:34 pm

HI JAW1982!

I'm jumping in here to provide backup to the last-man-standing-EFlatMajor (great advice BTW).

I would like to add my suggestion where you mentioned how long you've been working on the broken chords. This to me, points out "expectations". I would suggest you lower the expectations or cut the tie that binds to how long it takes you to learn something/some song.

Some stuff you're going to pick up in what seems like no time at all, then, there will be a time where it seems like forever.

You've made the commitment to playing the piano (likely for the rest of your life), so taking whatever time it takes to learn anything involving the piano is really irrelevant in the bigger picture.

Hope this bit was of some help and I highly reccomend what EFlatMajor suggested as well. Dont stop, enjoy the struggle and good luck on your journey!
Last edited by SJunior22 on Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Oleg Vostyakov

Post by Oleg Vostyakov » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:11 am

JAW1982 wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:55 pm
Working through Intermediate Bootcamp - Broken Chords - Mozart Sonata - and this lesson is extremely difficult to complete.... I can't master this lesson after weeks of practice, even at a VERY slow tempo. This lesson appears to have been for someone with a much higher skill of playing...

Any suggestions on how to get thru this lesson? Anyone else find this lesson difficult?
The only advice is to restart whole programm!
I'm a member of https://musescore.com/our-products family
The program of training me as a musician: https://musescore.com/courses/music-software