Is sharing audio recordings of yourself practicing Playground sessions lessons (You can sometimes hear 1,2,3,4 ! lol

A place to discuss Playground's main curriculum, the Bootcamp.
CharlesErickson

Is sharing audio recordings of yourself practicing Playground sessions lessons (You can sometimes hear 1,2,3,4 ! lol

Post by CharlesErickson » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:52 pm

I thought as a beginning student it would be neat to record myself playing and learning some of the lessons while talking about my good impressions of the Playground Sessions learning progam and sort of sharing it with my buddies , while I learn to play talking about the music and my enjoyment of it and the program for academic and promotional to the program possible services. Is this permitted or encouraged?? or at least safely allowed under Academic Fair Use? :)

sw1tch73ch

Re: Is sharing audio recordings of yourself practicing Playground sessions lessons (You can sometimes hear 1,2,3,4 ! lol

Post by sw1tch73ch » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:21 pm

I was looking through the forums because I thought I'd seen something about this, but I can't find it. This is something that should be in the FAQ - What is appropriate for when we want to show our progress on social media or YouTube? Can we post a recording of us playing to the lesson or do we need to go to the original creator of the song or their publisher to get performance rights? YouTube is pretty aggressive about taking down copyrighted music, so we need to know where we stand.

A short excerpt of us is probably fair use, but if I play through an entire song (I'm working on the Rookie Tour song "Stand By Me" for instance) and record it... can I share it?
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --