How are people using Playground?

A place to discuss Playground's main curriculum, the Bootcamp.
Arnie

How are people using Playground?

Post by Arnie » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:38 am

I've been working through the lessons and am about half way through the intermediate bootcamp and was wondering about when to start learning some of the full songs.

I understand it's often a case of 'each to their own' buy m problem is I only have about 45 mins a day to practice (if 8m lucky!) and was looking at REMs Everybody Hurts. I noticed there are three levels and, obviously, I'd really love to be able to play the advanced version. My point is, should I keep working through the lessons until I'm ready to learn more advanced songs because I really don't want to spent to much time on 'two fingered' versions and would rather be more patient and wait until I'm ready to play the full versions.

Or am I missing something?

sw1tch73ch

Re: How are people using Playground?

Post by sw1tch73ch » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:33 pm

I've starting two songs. I'm only halfway through the Rookie Boot Camp and the two songs are both Rookie level. But I've discovered I have more to learn in the Rookie Boot Camp before I can really properly practice the songs, so I will likely get really back into them when I complete the Rookie Boot Camp and begin the Intermediate level.

So start some songs already! If you aren't ready for them yet, like me and the Rookie Songs I started, at least you'll recognize what bits you need to work on and will hopefully recognize the lessons that will let you progress.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

Arnie

Re: How are people using Playground?

Post by Arnie » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:20 pm

Yea, I'll probably have a go at the rookie level songs first.