Order of lessions

A place to discuss Playground's main curriculum, the Bootcamp.
whichway

Order of lessions

Post by whichway » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:02 am

I am doing the bootcamp in order and I just did lession Jackson Five - I'll be there. There are great video tutorials taking us through the right hand, left hand and then both together. But we just did this tune a few back in key signatures, and I though we were supposed to play both hands together straight off in that earlier lesson.

It seems that the earlier lesson is requiring a greater level of skill than the later lesson for the same tune.

Am I not doing it right?

Laurensss

Re: Order of lessions

Post by Laurensss » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:02 am

I forgot to take a note at the time but I've run into a couple of these issues - also with a video explanation that did not fit right in the sequence of songs. Something the PGS staff needs to take a good look at some day. Probably caused by adding lessons to the curriculum in between existing lessons.

I would advise the PGS people to give every lesson a unique, trackable number or letter combo (e.g. RAA for the first lesson you added to the Rookie tour), in addition to the sequential numbering that is now visible in the app. If we could also sort by that it would make it easier to see what to play when something is added to a tour that we've completed, like the two pieces added to Rookie recently. In the current (Mac) app this takes a lot of searching (which is already quite annoying due the incredibly bad scrolling behaviour)

As I'm typing this I see that some more lessons have been added - great!! but here again, it should be easier to find the newly added ones.