The first real tough lesson

A place to discuss Playground's main curriculum, the Bootcamp.
romain

The first real tough lesson

Post by romain » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:50 am

Hi everyone,
I was surprised to see that no one discussed the intermediate lesson #29, Sonata 11 in A major of Mozart, the first broken chords with both hands.

I started as an absolute beginner early July and have been practising 2 to 3 hours every weekday since then. Most of the lessons were relatively easy, though I needed 1 or 2 hours to pass some of them.

But it took me 4 days to pass that one ! I have probably spend 8 hours for those (magnificient) 60 seconds. The first time I tried I though it would have been impossible. After practising very slowly, bits by bits, I finally managed to get 90%+ on the normal speed.

But gosh, what an increase in difficulty compared to everything else.

Has someone experienced the same?

Best,
Romain

davidsides
Site Admin

Re: The first real tough lesson

Post by davidsides » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:55 pm

That one is definitely a challenge, but hopefully you find it to be a good challenge. :)

I'm impressed that you didn't have any trouble with the "Game of Thrones" lesson in the Rookie Tour. We had an entire #challenge for this one lesson in our Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/playgroundsessions/

ozy

Re: The first real tough lesson

Post by ozy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:09 am

I agree this lesson was definitely a step up in challenge, especially the left hand! Congrats on getting over 90% on it!