How Many Hours To Complete All Bootcamp Lessons?

A place to discuss Playground's main curriculum, the Bootcamp.
RadicalMan333

How Many Hours To Complete All Bootcamp Lessons?

Post by RadicalMan333 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:24 pm

Has anyone ever completed all the bootcamp lessons? How long did it take... Or how long do you think it will take to complete all 3 levels?

clif9710

Re: How Many Hours To Complete All Bootcamp Lessons?

Post by clif9710 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:56 pm

I am at the end of rookie and it has taken me about 24 hours...

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Tue May 01, 2018 8:55 am

It's hard to give an absolute answer to that. It all depends on how fast you can progress through the lessons, and that depends on how much time you have, if you have any prior experience, if you're being strict with always getting 100%, etc.

There are 78 rookie bootcamp lessons, so 24 hours seems like it's in the ball park - if you take roughly 20 minutes per lesson. Obviously, as you progress, the lessons get harder, so it could even amount to 50+ hours, if you're studying really hard!

Intermediate and Advanced bootcamps have been expanded, and because of their difficulty, they contain many more hours of material. I think the best answer is that, you won't get bored trying to complete all the lessons. There's plenty to keep you learning for a long time!

Best,
Andrew
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Thu May 10, 2018 9:35 pm

I'm working on my 5th Rookie song, I've completed all 78 lessons and have redone the final "challenge" of many of them, having turned off finger numbering and turned on Letter names to help reinforce sight reading. I'm currently at 6 days 12 hours (or 6 * 24 + 12 = 84 hours). I'm a perfectionist and strive for 100% on Every Step of Every Lesson and Every Step of Every Song - and notably a bit slow. So I'm probably an outlier on number of hours.

My idea is as long as I'm making progress, it doesn't have to be FAST progress.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Fri May 11, 2018 2:28 pm

Slow progress is the best - remember, music is a complex phenomenon and it certainly takes time to really make sure you've learned everything that you want to.

Like David said on Facebook, the best pace is your pace!
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com