How does grading work?

A place to discuss Playground's main curriculum, the Bootcamp.
tggadda

How does grading work?

Post by tggadda » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:58 pm

My daughter has been enjoying these lessons pretty well but her one recurring frustration is that she will play every note perfectly (all green notes, no red notes) but does not get 100%. This has happened on multiple songs. Is there something we're missing about how the grading works? If it seems like a bug, what information do you need for a good bug report?

Thanks

DrKewel

Re: How does grading work?

Post by DrKewel » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:16 pm

why no reply

Laurensss

Post by Laurensss » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:54 am

Unfortunately the PGS people seem to have decided that it's OK to ignore users/ customers in these forums.

This has been going on for some time, and while they probably have their reasons (as you may know there was a tragic event last year) the current situation is not acceptable. I don't know what's worse, the way in which new postings are approved (now and then someone thinks to log on and a huge batch comes through, sometimes weeks after posting[1]) or the almost complete lack of replies.

PGS, either put out a big banner that you WILL NOT answer any' questions here, or preferably just respond to your customers and fans posting in hopes of a reply. You can do it on Facebook so why not here on your own site!

So yeah, there is activity on Facebook and I have to recommend anyone with problems to repost your question there, but I think forcing people to use that garbage is not a great move in light of the complete lack of ethics or accountability on their part as shown time and time again (from MZ's "dumb f•cks" to Cambridge Analytica). I know I'm not the only one here who thinks this.

Lastly, what confidence does it inspire with potential new customers to find a support forum that has been all but abandoned by the staff? Not a lot I reckon. I just don't get how the PGS team cannot see this.

[1] tggadda, your post is a perfect example: judging by the timing of the e-mail notification it spent 2 weeks in limbo before it was approved on December 1st, only to be ignored by staff afterwards.

Russ1409

Post by Russ1409 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:05 am

I went to the Facebook page and asked them to use this forum correctly or shut it down, or at least send people to the Facebook page or their help email. I feel bad when people come here asking questions and get ignored...and I'm nothing but a customer, let alone owner, developer, employee. This isn't a user supported forum. It is (was) created by Playground Sessions. Rather than tend to it as they should, or at least shutter it, they just ignore it.

It hurts to see such a great program such as PGS get ignored. I get they had a death last year. That's no excuse by April of 2018. I get they are a small company, but frankly, smaller company usually means better customer service...and that hasn't happened here. The company has been full of promises for many years, mostly regarding updates to the program, and these promises and timelines are seldom met.

I really wish they would sell the program to someone that will revive it and enhance the features. I've got the program, I've got the songs I want, and have it all stored off line, so I can revisit it when I want, but for the most part I've grown bored with it and moved on. I check this forum occasionally as I click through my bookmarks regarding playing the piano, but to actually fire up the PGS program...probably not in about 6 months now.

mariyastepanenko

Post by mariyastepanenko » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:07 pm

Before I address the original question, let me say that we absolutely understand the frustration that some of our users have been experiencing with the Forums. We have a few active channels online, such as our Facebook group, that have been serving a similar role for our community, but we have made it one of our top priorities to reinvigorate the Forums! So you will certainly see a difference in upcoming months. That being said, it's still recommended that you email us at support@playgroundsessions.com if you have a technical issues that need immediate attention. But you'll see a lot more from us in the nearest future!

tggadda, if your daughter is getting all green notes, then it certainly should show 100%! Sometimes it takes a second to load the full score, so give it a moment next time she plays before closing out of the window. Is this happening in any particular lessons/songs or everywhere?

Mariya

fatimahspeth

Post by fatimahspeth » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:29 pm

Thanks so much for sharing your impressions! I hope my son will soon be enjoying these lessons pretty well!