A bold line over a note means I held it too long?

A place to discuss Playground's main curriculum, the Bootcamp.
clif9710

A bold line over a note means I held it too long?

Post by clif9710 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:58 pm

I have just noticed a couple of notes have dark lines directly over them after I run though the piece. They aren't always there. Does this indicate I am holding the notes too long...or maybe not long enough?

andrewwegierski

Re: A bold line over a note means I held it too long?

Post by andrewwegierski » Tue May 01, 2018 9:17 am

Upon reading your post, I went into the app and tried holding notes too long on purpose, and I didn't notice this type of error at the end of the section.

Can you post a screen shot of exactly what you're seeing? Use the snipping tool or Prt-Screen (if you're on a Windows.)

Best,
Andrew
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

clif9710

Post by clif9710 » Sat May 05, 2018 3:42 pm

Thanks of your reply, Andrew. I believe the bold lines are an artifact of the way the ledger lines display on my screen. Near the bold lines are small offsets in the ledger lines, not enough to be a problem, but an indication that what I am seeing is a display issue and not anything to do with PS.

clif9710

Post by clif9710 » Sat May 05, 2018 3:42 pm

Thanks of your reply, Andrew. I believe the bold lines are an artifact of the way the ledger lines display on my screen. Near the bold lines are small offsets in the ledger lines, not enough to be a problem, but an indication that what I am seeing is a display issue and not anything to do with PS.