Finger notation bug?

A place to discuss Playground's main curriculum, the Bootcamp.
Duckroy

Finger notation bug?

Post by Duckroy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:17 am

In the rookie bootcamp, lesson 67, Dvorak New Workd Symphony, lesson 8 when u going for the pivot, thats all good, but in lesson 9 ur gonna play a quarter note with ur pinkie then change to ur thumb for the whole note??? doesnt make sense imo, i transfer my thumb for the quarter note, feels so much easier, maybe this topic has been up already. Just want to add my opinion, either a notation bug or it should be played that way??

And PG ur upgrades with the courses is awesome, so much to do now :)) Ty so much!

/Duckroy

sw1tch73ch

Re: Finger notation bug?

Post by sw1tch73ch » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:15 am

That is a good point. One thing to remember, as David Sides says in an earlier lesson, is that Finger Numberings are suggestions. I personally think they're generally pretty good suggestions, and somethings they are as much to teach about the pivots as they are to be convenient to play. I think if you find a fingering that is better for you, that is absolutely the best fingering you can use. I do my best to following the finger number suggestions earlier in a lesson because there is something to be learned from them. But when I'm "really" playing I go with what my hands are most comfortable doing.

In this case I don't think it was a bug, so much as a suggestion that doesn't work for you. The hand position probably make sense to David in a context that includes playing other notes in more complex arrangements that aren't being presented to us in the Rookie version. But since those other notes aren't there, we are free to play as we want, as long as we can play it well.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

pavel

Post by pavel » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:07 am

during Bootcamp I liked Dvorak New Workd Symphony so much I decided to try full song.
https://www.playgroundsessions.com/stor ... termediate
ohh men, it took me 2weeks :) and yesterday I did it, full song 94% three stars, maybe will try to achieve 100 since it is not that hard, I would call it Intermediate - Easy

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Tue May 21, 2019 1:48 pm

For the fingering issue, send me a screenshot at support@playgroundsessions.com and I will take a look.

By the way, congratulations Pavel, that is great news!
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com