How To Finish the Rookie Bootcamp

A place to discuss Playground's main curriculum, the Bootcamp.
Paulopedia

How To Finish the Rookie Bootcamp

Post by Paulopedia » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:43 am

The graphic on "MY PLAYGROUND" shows that I have four lessons to go in the Rookie Bootcamp, with 49 of 53 completed. However, the Bootcamp page shows 14 undone and the total number is 78. More frustrating still, I just completed 65 (key signature practice --someone like you --Adele) and it apparently counted for NOTHING. It didn't check off a box on the MY Playground Tours graphic.

How can I determine what is actually required to complete the Bootcamp? If there are lessons that don't count towards completion, how can I identify them? I really don't have time to waste on superfluous lessons that don't count. And, if the entire 78 lessons is required, what gives with the 49 of 53 completely business on the MY Playground page?

Laurensss

Re: How To Finish the Rookie Bootcamp

Post by Laurensss » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:48 am

Paulopedia wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:43 am
I really don't have time to waste on superfluous lessons that don't count.
You're doing this for yourself, not to satisfy the software, its writers or anyone else - right?

A lesson counts if you learnt something, who cares about some boxes on a page no one ever sees. I agree that flaws like this should not be present in the software but I don't agree a lesson is worthless if it doesn't cross off some box or counts to some meaningless percentage.

My Rookie bootcamp was finished by completing all lessons, I think. It then became incomplete b/c some lessons were added which is the reason the overview is not correct since this was not updated. I wouldn't worry about it.

Paulopedia

Post by Paulopedia » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:22 am

Laurensss wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:48 am
You're doing this for yourself, not to satisfy the software, its writers or anyone else - right?

A lesson counts if you learnt something, who cares about some boxes on a page no one ever sees. I agree that flaws like this should not be present in the software but I don't agree a lesson is worthless if it doesn't cross off some box or counts to some meaningless percentage.

My Rookie bootcamp was finished by completing all lessons, I think. It then became incomplete b/c some lessons were added which is the reason the overview is not correct since this was not updated. I wouldn't worry about it.
I find that utterly unacceptable. PGS isn't a Beta version of some freeware cobbled together by a kid in his dorm room. This is a professional product sold by a corporation to which I paid a couple of hundred dollars. When the dashboard indicates that I have four lessons to go, that is precisely how many there should be. Now, perhaps you have a great deal more free time than I do and so it doesn't matter to you whether the Bootcamp is 54 lessons or 354. As for me, every hour (real hour, not hours as counted by PGS) that I put into this pursuit costs me money. I don't think it is at all unreasonable to expect that the software not jerk me around as to the actual criteria for completion.

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:36 pm

All,

Sorry about any confusion. To clear up this issue, here's some info about the state of the bootcamp:

-In order to "complete" the rookie bootcamp, all you need to do is complete all 78 lessons under the Rookie tour on the boot camp tab. You'll see green check marks next to each one you completed.

-The tour boxes on my Playground are irrelevant, as they were last updated when the rookie tour only had 54 lessons. This is a known issue and is going to be corrected in the next update of the desktop app.

I know it is frustrating, but I urge you to check your progress via the Boot camp tab, and the presence of the green check marks.
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

Paulopedia

Post by Paulopedia » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:52 am

They fixed the Dashboard.