Where are unlocked courses?

A place to discuss Playground's main curriculum, the Bootcamp.
eroxx

Where are unlocked courses?

Post by eroxx » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:41 am

Hi!

I unlocked several courses (50 melodies, one other I can’t remember now) when I had the trial version of Playground.

I upgrade and paid for a month, but now those are gone. ???

Also, how do I unlock the scales course, that’s the one I’m most interested in. Thank you!!!

Judex

Re: Where are unlocked courses?

Post by Judex » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:37 pm

No idea where your unlocked courses have gotten themselves to, but I got an email offering me the One-Octave Scale course after I listened to one of the videos toward the end of the course (Orienting Your Ear, maybe?). I was on some lesson in the 30's, probably - it wasn't because I'd gotten to that point in the Rookie Tour. Since being present while somebody lectures is usually a total waste of time for me, I appreciated the scales. I don't imagine I'll ever remember any of the Bookcamp lessons (who rereads Dick and Jane, once they're through the books once?) but scales are for life, so they're definitely a worthwhile investment.

eroxx

Post by eroxx » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:05 pm

I even re did the lessons that let me unlock the courses (the grand-staff lesson apparently)

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:39 pm

Are you on an iPad or a desktop / laptop computer? They line up a little differently between the two. You should see a section called Courses. On the desktop they are their own tab. On the iPad they are in the same grouping as the bootcamp, I think.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:10 pm

Here are two captures of the screens. You should see the courses in one of these locations, depending on if you have a PC / Mac or an iPad:

On a Desktop
PC COURSES PGS.PNG
PC COURSES PGS.PNG (121.39 KiB) Viewed 9349 times
On an iPad
iPAD COURSES PGS.PNG
iPAD COURSES PGS.PNG (422.96 KiB) Viewed 9349 times
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

da73

Post by da73 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:56 am

I have the exact same problem. As I am not a complete beginner I was able to get through most of the rookie tour in the trial time and unlocked a couple of courses and finished some already. Especially the scales are a nice warmup. How can I get my courses back, now that I am a paying customer? :| And the situation is the same on Win10 as on the iPad.

mgardner

Post by mgardner » Wed May 22, 2019 3:19 am

I don't see the "Courses" tab in between "Bootcamp" and "My Songs" on my PC. I do see "Courses" on tablet but it won't connect to the piano so it's worthless. I am on 7-day trial right now but I don't think it's the reason since I see everything on tablet. I was planning to sign up for either 1 year or life time but this makes me think although I am really enjoying the program. Hope they fix it soon...

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Wed May 22, 2019 11:49 am

The courses may not be unlocked yet if you're still in the trial. You have to complete certain lessons in the bootcamps or reach a certain number of completed lessons. I don't know which lessons unlock the courses, unfortunately.

-- jbs --

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Wed May 22, 2019 12:11 pm

Courses are unlockable, so they won't appear right away, @mgardner.

I can assure you that there's nothing wrong with your app. As you progress through the rookie content, rookie courses will be made available!
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

mgardner

Post by mgardner » Fri May 24, 2019 12:02 pm

sw1tch73ch, andrewwegierski, I've already unlocked a few courses and I received several emails about courses being unlocked.

I use PC to run this program since my tablet doesn't connect to digital piano but I could still see all the contents on tablet, and the "Curses" are there.

I just want to see it on the computer so I can try. Do you think it'll be solved once I become a paid member!?