Counting in.... when to start

A place to discuss Playground's main curriculum, the Bootcamp.
Karin

Counting in.... when to start

Post by Karin » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:54 am

Hello everyone. This is my very first day with our new piano and with playground sessions, and I'm finding even the very first boot-camp sessions challenging enough right now. Hopefully, I will improve eventually!

I am having a hard time knowing when to start, since nobody is counting me in, not even a metronome click.

The first exercises weren't too bad, since they started with pauses.

However, I am now up to exercise "9:Challenge (5-finger position)". I have to reach out to the laptop to hit the play button, then there is total silence (no counting, no beat, no nothing) until I'm supposed to hit the first note on time, without seeing the scroll bar first. Without a single clue, I'm getting the timing of that first note wrong every single time.

Surely I'm missing something? I can hear the laptop (videos etc) and I can hear the notes I play, so I'm sure that sound isn't the issue.

What do I need to do to get an indication of tempo and when to begin playing?

Many thanks in advance.

Karin

Re: Counting in.... when to start

Post by Karin » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:03 pm

Oh my goodness........ it took 6 1/2 days to approve this post/question!!!!

Heaven help us.

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:35 pm

The Stop-Spam effects new users hardest. Because you need a few posts before your posts auto approve.

So you should hear a count in. And a Metronome. At least by default.

What kind of system are you using? Windows, Mac or iOS Tablet?

On iOS you need to make sure the sample rate for the app is set to 44.1 KHz - or strange sound problems happen.

Regardless of system, you should check the volume is set to an audible level. By default, the count in and Metronome will play through the computer or tablet speakers, so you'll also want to check the volume level of the computer. And if the trouble continues, give the support@playgroundsessions an email describing your setup and the problem. They should be able to help when us mere mortal fellow forum dwellers can't.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:50 pm

This is not the best place to ask for technical support. For a faster response please email support@playgroundsessions.com.

Andrew
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com