Save offline progress?

A place to discuss Playground's main curriculum, the Bootcamp.
Valtian

Save offline progress?

Post by Valtian » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:02 pm

Is there a way to save the lessons that you completed while PlaygroundSessions is in offline mode and sent completion data to the server when you connect to the internet again?

Im using an old hybrid laptop to run the software right from the sheet music stand of my piano, however the networkcard of it seems to be kinda busted as it loses connection quite often (and sometimes flatout just doesnt connect to networks). Because of this i have to switch between offline and online mode quite often. However it seems like the lessons i completed in offline mode do not get registered as completed when i connect back to the server. This is a shame as some courses seem to get unlocked based on completing certain bootcamp lessons which ill miss like this, and it becomes somewhat of a struggle to keep check of which lessons i have and have not completed

andrewwegierski

Re: Save offline progress?

Post by andrewwegierski » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:13 am

Unfortunately, no.
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

shannonmac

Post by shannonmac » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:35 pm

Then I'm going to have a real hard time getting lessons to show up as completed. I live in a rural area, and our internet is TERRIBLE half the time, and spotty the rest of the time. It's been horrible for the last week or so. I had to reset my connection three times last night while trying to download lessons, and eventually gave up and switched to sheet music, and downloaded everything to my laptop at work today. But if lessons completed in offline mode don't register as completed once the connection is back, I'm going to have a lot of "incomplete" lessons. Is this something you hope to address soon?

Shannon

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:15 pm

It is a great idea for future implementation, so I'll forward it to our development team.

To be honest, this request is not ranked high on our popularity list, so I don't know the timetable for implementation.

Andy
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com