Beginners question

A place to discuss Playground's main curriculum, the Bootcamp.
Danco

Beginners question

Post by Danco » Sat May 23, 2020 10:20 am

This is my first day using the software.
I have been doing some exercises, getting imperfect scores. I know i am doing something wrong, but what is it? The note? The rithm? Can i get the software to play the exercise for me so i can see and hear how it should go?
Also, i sometimes get notes in red, but i never get one in green...

Many thanks!

jgtmd

Re: Beginners question

Post by jgtmd » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:32 pm

Danco...

I'm new as well, but I see you've gotten no responses yet... so I'll offer my (newbie) perspective.

When you are working through the BootCamp tutorials (e.g, the 4-10 exercises under each BootCamp lesson), after your start the tutorial (e.g, the narrator starts counting, then the beat and background music starts) do you see the vertical line moving past the notes?

As the vertical line moves though the passage.... If you hit the right note/key at the right time then the note should turn green. If you hit the wrong note or are too early or too late a red note will appear. The position of the red note will tell you whether you are too early or late, or if you hit the wrong note.

Hope this helps...

Regards... Jim

Danco

Post by Danco » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:04 am

Many Thanks Jim. Very useful

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:50 pm

There are hands next to the word demo at the top. Click them to hear that hand (or both). If you don't try to play along, just listening to that part, the program won't score you (it will mark the notes red, but that play won't be counted if you didn't play notes). You can play that until you hear the song in your head and then try to play the lesson.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --