missing 'e' key

A place to discuss Playground's main curriculum, the Bootcamp.
jasonkaehler

missing 'e' key

Post by jasonkaehler » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:11 am

I've been progressing and i picked up a new 3-octave keyboard.
I have a problem where one of the lessons wants me to hit an 'e' key that I simply dont have. The C key is almost at the edge of the keyboard.
Is there any way to deal with this?

thanks!

EFlatMajor

Re: missing 'e' key

Post by EFlatMajor » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:38 am

Hello Jason - welcome to the club.

What you think happened actually did happen. Your keyboard is too small for Playground Sessions.

You don't mention which keyboard you have, and I had to look up "3-octave" keyboards - I assume 36 keys (including the black ones)?

According to the docs:
Though a 49-key keyboard will be able to accommodate our Rookie and Intermediate arrangements, a 61-key keyboard will offer more comfort when you play and allow for more freedom to choose arrangements, including advanced arrangements.
This is why the music goes off the end of your keyboard.

My personal recommendation is to get a 61 key keyboard unless you get a lifetime subscription to PGS. If you go lifetime, bite the bullet and get an 88 key digital keyboard with weighted keys. You should base your decision on realistically how long you will be playing. Whatever you buy it needs MIDI.

I hope there is still time to return that keyboard. You won't be able to do a lot of the lessons and finger exercises and scales with a keyboard that small.

You might try sending email to customer support:

support@playgroundsessions.com

to see if you have any other options.

Good luck!

jasonkaehler

Re: missing 'e' key

Post by jasonkaehler » Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:52 pm

thanks for then 411. What sucks is I had a smaller MIcrolab and it worked fine....space is under premium so smaller is better....just want to learn.