Turn off line

A place to discuss Playground's main curriculum, the Bootcamp.
MiddleC

Turn off line

Post by MiddleC » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:00 pm

Is it possible to turn off the vertical line that follows with the music that sort of helps with timing? I find that I am relying on that a lot if background music is playing, or a specific one of them anyway. I don't want to have that become a crutch

EFlatMajor

Re: Turn off line

Post by EFlatMajor » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:51 am

No MiddleC, I can only speak for the desktop PGS but the cursor (vertical line) cannot be turned off in this version of the software.

Yes, it is definitely a crutch, but for me very helpful when I start a lesson or song. You can learn the entire thing without having to count!

What I do is after learning the piece while depending on the cursor, I start playing it multiple times while counting the beats out loud. That is a lot harder than it sounds. I find when I am counting out loud I ignore that vertical line.

After I master that, I play again, this time looking at my keyboard counting to myself and listening for the metronome (hi hat) sound to keep my counting lined up.

Lastly, I play it on my own, with or without a real metronome and I add in my changes - like sustain pedal, speed, and the like.

Maybe this will be a feature of the new version that is being developed. But until that is released you might give my method a try.