Piano demo not working...

A place to discuss Playground's main curriculum, the Bootcamp.
MiddleC

Piano demo not working...

Post by MiddleC » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:57 pm

Often in the exercises it says to play the Piano Demo to hear what it sounds like. I have never gotten it to work. Any thoughts?

DaveS

Re: Piano demo not working...

Post by DaveS » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:21 pm

I can get it to work by clicking the left and right hand symbols and then clicking the play button. It took me a while to figure that out. Have you tried that?

FlatPanda

Post by FlatPanda » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:14 am

As I use a MIDI-capable keyboard, of which I like the sound more than the built-in synthethiser in PGS, I usually have the PGS piano muted. If you have it muted, you won't hear the sounds played during the demo.

Edit > User Preferences > Volume > Piano

In case you are not even seeind the playback (it should be shown as yellow-ish for the notes, which have already been played), then you have some other problem.

MiddleC

Post by MiddleC » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:18 pm

DaveS wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:21 pm
I can get it to work by clicking the left and right hand symbols and then clicking the play button. It took me a while to figure that out. Have you tried that?
That did it. Thanks for your reply.

MiddleC

Post by MiddleC » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:25 pm

FlatPanda wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:14 am
As I use a MIDI-capable keyboard, of which I like the sound more than the built-in synthethiser in PGS, I usually have the PGS piano muted. If you have it muted, you won't hear the sounds played during the demo.

Edit > User Preferences > Volume > Piano

In case you are not even seeind the playback (it should be shown as yellow-ish for the notes, which have already been played), then you have some other problem.
I like that idea. Actually the accompanying can be muted.

I'm not far enough along to have my 660 play accompaniment. The accompaniment it plays is based on the chords played in bass. I have yet to get to the point I can play cords, and of course both hands together.

Hacksaw496

Post by Hacksaw496 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:08 pm

thanks, thats what i needed!