Finding last lesson in Bootcamp

A place to discuss Playground's main curriculum, the Bootcamp.
DaveS

Finding last lesson in Bootcamp

Post by DaveS » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:13 am

When I complete say, 11 of 11 in a Bootcamp lesson, how do I find the next lesson? I'm sure I must be missing something obvious. I click on Bootcamp at the top and it takes me to the Bootcamp lessons but I then have to scroll through until I find the lesson completed 11 of 11 and then choose the next lesson. Surely there's an easier way of doing this? I'm using PG Sessions on a Mac.

stan29640

Re: Finding last lesson in Bootcamp

Post by stan29640 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:40 am

if there is I can't find it yet. someone help us out

DaveS

Post by DaveS » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:31 pm

stan29640 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:40 am
if there is I can't find it yet. someone help us out
I got a message from support confirming you can’t.

EFlatMajor

Post by EFlatMajor » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:25 am

This might not add any value, but I'll throw it out there.

In the desktop version (Windows), the last lesson you accessed is highlighted with a very thin (1-pixel) grey border. When you exit and re-enter PGS, all you need to do is click on bootcamp and then scroll down to find the last lesson you accessed. For me, I opened PGS and could tell the last lesson I accessed in both the rookie and intermediate tour. I have not hit advanced yet.

I do not know if this works in the Mac version but it is worth a try.

Good luck.

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:09 am

When I open PGS, on the bottom left is a link to the most recent work I've done. So I click that and pop right into the most recent lesson I completed. It is also good so that I can repeat what I did yesterday.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

EFlatMajor

Post by EFlatMajor » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:44 pm

Confirmed - I can't believe it I never noticed that before. Thanks!

DaveS

Post by DaveS » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:23 am

EFlatMajor wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:25 am
This might not add any value, but I'll throw it out there.

In the desktop version (Windows), the last lesson you accessed is highlighted with a very thin (1-pixel) grey border. When you exit and re-enter PGS, all you need to do is click on bootcamp and then scroll down to find the last lesson you accessed. For me, I opened PGS and could tell the last lesson I accessed in both the rookie and intermediate tour. I have not hit advanced yet.

I do not know if this works in the Mac version but it is worth a try.

Good luck.
Yes, I can see that on the Mac version too. However, it's having to scroll down and look for it rather than being able to find it more easily that's a bit of pain.

EFlatMajor

Post by EFlatMajor » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:22 am

Hello Dave,

@sw1tch73ch has by far the best answer here.
sw1tch73ch wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:09 am
When I open PGS, on the bottom left is a link to the most recent work I've done. So I click that and pop right into the most recent lesson I completed. It is also good so that I can repeat what I did yesterday.
When you first start PGS on your Mac, do you see a link to the last thing you worked on (would be in lower left corner)?

Jordanrow

-

Post by Jordanrow » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:24 am

Thanks for the reply Joey. I cant understand why this lesson was created if it doesnt do what it meant to. Anyway, Ill have a look around and see if I can find a better 4th intervals lesson here, if not, YouTube.

Regards.

DaveS

Post by DaveS » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:05 am

EFlatMajor wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:22 am
Hello Dave,

@sw1tch73ch has by far the best answer here.
sw1tch73ch wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:09 am
When you first start PGS on your Mac, do you see a link to the last thing you worked on (would be in lower left corner)?
Yes, that is indeed helpful if doing a lesson was the last use I made of PGS, but if I've practiced one of the songs and then want to go back to Bootcamp I can't easily find the last lesson I did.

Also, if the last thing I did was lesson 11 of 11, the link will show that lesson but I have to go to the full list of Bootcamp lessons to find the next batch of lessons so that I can do lesson 1 of nn. And that's the problem.