Rookiee #37 Counting Practice Last Part

A place to discuss Playground's main curriculum, the Bootcamp.
Maverick546

Rookiee #37 Counting Practice Last Part

Post by Maverick546 » Mon May 31, 2021 10:48 am

I am having problems Coordinating my fingers on the Two hand three finger on the Rookie #37 Counting Practice on last Item. Anyone Find this very Difficult ?

kenny55

Re: Rookiee #37 Counting Practice Last Part

Post by kenny55 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:26 pm

Yes I had difficulty with 37 and for the most part everything from 33 and later has required a lot of practice and patience. I breezed through the first 30 exercises. The songs/exercises get tougher but more rewarding as you go. There were a few that I just had to take a break and walk away. It helps to slow the tempo down. I'm on #62 now and creeping forward but still fun to be making progress.

sw1tch73ch

Re: Rookiee #37 Counting Practice Last Part

Post by sw1tch73ch » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:53 pm

Getting both hands to work together is perhaps the most difficult thing about playing piano, at least at first.

Phil Anderson recommends playing each hand to perfection first, before trying them together. Then start slowly when putting them together. Count out loud and play the notes without hitting the "Play" button on the lesson. Just notice when you should play each of the notes in the counting. It isn't easy, especially at first. Even still, into Intermediate, it is hard work for me. But I do the crawl before walking and walking before running routine with the sheet music.

Eventually I think about the music "musically" - how should it sound, listening to the music (using the demo feature or finding the song on youtube and listening to that a bunch of times). I try to get the music into my ear how the notes combine. Oddly, I find my hands work better together when the song makes musical sense to me. I get a sense of when the left and right are together, and not together, how long the time from one to the next note is.

There is still a great deal of repetition and going slow for me. But remembering we're making music, so we need to play it with the end result already in mind, makes a difference. But it sure isn't simple and easy. At least not for me.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --