Tolerance regulator

A place to discuss Playground's main curriculum, the Bootcamp.
sw1tch73ch

Re: Tolerance regulator

Post by sw1tch73ch » Thu May 10, 2018 10:41 pm

Now the example with Dual Voices or Dual Layers on. Pink all over the place, even though they were played essentially correctly:
DualLayerSoundsON.png
DualLayerSoundsON.png (15.57 KiB) Viewed 3395 times
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Fri May 11, 2018 2:30 pm

Yep, definitely some MIDI settings to check out on your keyboard. If you keep getting pink and green notes, please upload a picture and I'll help you out!
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Fri May 11, 2018 8:19 pm

I'm not sure which keyboard Sandy has. Some of the Casio line at the low end don't actually seem to offer the dual voice or layered voices option. If her keyboard doesn't have that, we might be looking at something entirely different.

I did a test with a DAW package and recorded a single track with dual voices on. I have voices on two different channels, which is expected. One option for Playground Sessions to consider is setting the MIDI input to only allow one channel. The challenge with that is not every user will know how to set their keyboard to broadcast MIDI on a specific channel - and if the problem isn't dual voices to begin with, that might still not help. Currently Playground Sessions appears to be listening to all channels on the port used to bring in the MIDI, and that might be the best overall choice.

If Sandy could take a picture of her screen after playing through the lesson, we could see if it is only just pink "off tempo" notes, or if there are pink or red notes over green which would mean the right notes and timing are played, and that extra notes are coming in. Since it looks like her keyboard doesn't do the dual voices, there must be some other setting that is causing either spurious or duplicated MIDI data. Or a bad cable, maybe. I believe she has noted this behavior does not happen with other software on her system, though.

It may be time for Sandy to email support@playgroundsessions.com for direct assistance.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --