Import your own songs

A place to discuss Playground's main curriculum, the Bootcamp.
killkrt

Re: Import your own songs

Post by killkrt » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:58 pm

I think it would be great, at least, that classical exercises (like Czerny or Hanon) would be available as cheap bundle in the store. A lot of people starting studying piano use that books, even if they are very classical that could help to improve technique, I am practicing on Czerny and in parallel with Playground and it is working great!

temaat89

Post by temaat89 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:20 am

Any update on getting and import xml feature added?

thomas1018
Site Admin

Post by thomas1018 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:46 pm

Hi temaat89,

There is no update on this feature yet. Unfortunately it will not be implemented for a while.

marcelrobi

Post by marcelrobi » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:40 pm

How often are there updates to this platform? This would be a great feature, as well as more exercises. I know David has hinted that exercises are coming, but I have seen that quite a few times...

Hydols

Post by Hydols » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:58 am

I have been the last two weeks looking for a good piano software and I would love to get Playground Sessions, but lacking this feature is heartbreaking. I't's been almost 3 years since the creation of this post and it seems that Playground don't bother in hearing it's community.

Catfish

Post by Catfish » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:35 pm

did anyone use MIDI to import songs? anyone know how to play midi files? I found a tutorial about that, but I am not sure it works or not? can you help me? Here is the tutorial: http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/ti ... layer.html thanks

richdev

Import your own songs should be easy and provided free !! Shame on Playground Sessions !!

Post by richdev » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:20 pm

Import of midi files is so totally standard in so many other piano and keyboard software that it is really angering that this company does not make it simple and easy like Synthesia and other open source systems.

Synthesia makes it SO simple... you just point the software at a directory full of midi files and the program imports them all and builds a listing of songs in your library. You can have as many music libraries and directories as you want.

This just reiterates to me and everyone else that "Playground Sessions" is huge money maker corporation out for the owners. Very upsetting that they make it so hard for users to build libraries of their own music and force them to pay for everything. As a new Playground user and I am pissed that I had to pay monthly subscriptions to get the "trial" software and lessons for my new Yamaha keyboard. As a software engineer I am shocked that this company does not provide tools, teasers and free lessons for beginners.

Come on Quincy, get with the program. Make it easy and LESS EXPENSIVE for people to use your software and become good musicians.