Lesson Grading Errors

A place to discuss Playground's main curriculum, the Bootcamp.
Fuzzygman

Lesson Grading Errors

Post by Fuzzygman » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:30 pm

I believe there is a grading error with Lesson 13 - Intro to Notation--Part 1 in terms of the second section.

For example, near the end you would have to play, with your right hand, the five lined notes followed quickly by playing the four spaced notes of the Treble Clef; subsequently, the same is required for the left hand in sync with what this lesson is trying to assess in terms of correctly playing these notes/measures.

Why is it even necessary to repeat this particular section?

Please advise

seant23
Site Admin

Re: Lesson Grading Errors

Post by seant23 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:38 pm

Hi Fuzzygman,

I'll forward this to our lesson team, and see what they kind of response I can get for you.

gustavl

Post by gustavl » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:02 pm

I gotta say, that whole lesson was a bit annoying for me. It didn't really give me a sense of accomplishment, it was more of an unnessecary (and way too difficult, if you ask me) repetition of something that the video tutorial went over.

Why not find a more fun or creative way of teaching the different note positions, instead of just randomly shuffling between the Superman arrangement and the different note positions on the piano.

Otherwise, great lessons so far.

edinfant

Post by edinfant » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:27 pm

This is obviously an error, it makes no sense (and it is too difficult) to jump through the different sections that way. It has to be because something in the software requires to have that as a lesson to go with the video as it is playing.
Just skip that part of the lesson.
I annoys me to no end to have that lesson marked as incomplete because of that.

cboclaf

Lesson Grading Errors

Post by cboclaf » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:57 am

Thanks I'm on Lesson 9. Whit, is there another place you are posting these...it seems there was, maybe your blog?

davidsides
Site Admin

Post by davidsides » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:06 am

Thanks for pointing this out. This is absolutely an error. My team and I will be removing these exercises from the Bootcamp in an upcoming update.

cwilliamd

Post by cwilliamd » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:34 pm

In Version 2.1.0, I'm getting grading errors as I play notes. Only the first note is graded correctly, other notes are graded as wrong (dark red), eventhough I play them as correct and on count.

davidsides
Site Admin

Post by davidsides » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:29 am

Super late on this (my apologies), but were you ever able to get this resolved?