(music ) keyboard shortcuts

A place to discuss Playground's main curriculum, the Bootcamp.
kerkenat

(music ) keyboard shortcuts

Post by kerkenat » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:15 am

I notice that as you are going through the lessons in the bootcamp, there are certain shortcuts that enable you to retry a lesson or move to the next lesson, but is there one that will stop/restart the playback?

After I play a lesson, and the blue lesson-results screen pops up, I can hit "D" to automatically go to the next lesson section (or "C" to retry), but I still have to reach over to my laptop to position the mouse pointer and click on the 'Play' button.

It would really be efficient if I could just hit "D" (or "C") to switch (or re-cue the lesson), and then hit some other key (say "E") to start the playback.

Maybe there already is such a feature, but I haven't figured it out yet.

davidsides
Site Admin

Re: (music ) keyboard shortcuts

Post by davidsides » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:39 pm

I feel your pain with that! We've actually added a new shortcut for users to start and stop lessons from their keyboard. It will roll out in the next update.

kerkenat

Post by kerkenat » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:30 am

Cool- thanks
Maybe "F" could bring you back to the main boot-camp screen

davidsides
Site Admin

Post by davidsides » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:25 pm

Good suggestion. I'll make sure to run that by the team.

molkyBob

music keyboard shortcuts

Post by molkyBob » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:56 pm

There is no problem at all with this
Pressing Keyboard shortcuts opens a browser windows with the default browser on top of any other open windows.
If this does not happen on your system you have some problems with your browser or system settings.

judderbar

Re: music keyboard shortcuts

Post by judderbar » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:26 pm

molkyBob wrote: Pressing Keyboard shortcuts opens a browser windows
How can i press "keyboard shorcuts" Where does that appear?

Admiratio

Re: music keyboard shortcuts

Post by Admiratio » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:59 pm

molkyBob wrote:There is no problem at all with this
Pressing Keyboard shortcuts opens a browser windows with the default browser on top of any other open windows.
If this does not happen on your system you have some problems with your browser or system settings.
@molkyBob I believe you have missed the issue here. Within playground you can use notes from your keyboard(piano) to retry or move to the next section within a song. This thread is asking for additional shortcuts to begin playing the next section automatically or going back to section selection without having to use the mouse/pointer/touchscreen.

ashebanow

Post by ashebanow » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:36 pm

I'd love to see this as well.

Laurensss

Post by Laurensss » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:30 am

Hi all: found out by accident that (on a Mac with a Keystation 49) I can press the extreme lower and upper C keys together to start / stop. Alternatively hit the space bar on the computer keyboard.

I'd love to see this added to the iPad version as well since starting / stopping is a lot harder there (hitting a tiny icon on the touch screen). Documenting this (and other? hidden shortcuts would be nice as well, as would having (music) keyboard shortcuts for other functions like "OK" and for example toggling the demo hands/ fingering / note names while stopped. Thanks.

Update: on my new 88 key piano I have to press the C keys 2 octaves up and down from central C to start/ stop the lesson. So the C keys 4 octaves apart.