Piano Demo button does not work

A place to discuss Playground's main curriculum, the Bootcamp.
StarGazer2015

Post by StarGazer2015 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:43 pm

Hi. New member. Took advantage of the recent sale and got a lifetime membership.

I am going through the Rookie lessons. Several lessons suggest that I use the Piano Demo button to hear how the lesson should sound. However, there is no active button. I can see the text "Piano Demo" next to the hands, but clicking on it does nothing.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I'm very excited to finally start on this journey :)

davidsides
Site Admin

Re: Piano Demo button does not work

Post by davidsides » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:21 pm

Hey! Thanks for pointing this out. It's actually an issue on our end - we weren't clear enough in the directions. You'll actually need to click on the hands next to the "Piano Demo" phrase, then click the play button to get them to work.

We'll be updating the instructions for those lessons soon.

Admiratio

Post by Admiratio » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:49 pm

When playing the Piano Demo, should the notes be graded? I've noticed every time I play the "Piano Demo" for either RH, LH, or BH each note is graded during the demo resulting in an accuracy of 0% at the end of the lesson.

davidsides
Site Admin

Post by davidsides » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:07 pm

The grade reflected is an assessment of your playing (even though you may not playing while listening to the demo). We can look into removing the grading in a future update.

Admiratio

Post by Admiratio » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:55 pm

davidsides wrote:The grade reflected is an assessment of your playing (even though you may not playing while listening to the demo). We can look into removing the grading in a future update.
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm not sure how the grading is tracked, but if any and all assessments are counted, graded, and kept I think it would be beneficial to remove the grade from a "demo" session.

If I should post this in a feedback section instead, please let me know.

davidsides
Site Admin

Post by davidsides » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:24 pm

Agreed.

GordonBob

Post by GordonBob » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:35 am

I would like to be able to use the "Unread Posts" button for a topic Im interested in, and just go to the first unread post.

I can hover over the buttion, but it does not seem active for me, that is, I cant click it and go to unread posts.

How can I fix this? Using Chrome.

seant23
Site Admin

Post by seant23 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:28 pm

Hey Gordon,

I usually use the View Active Topics button instead. We aren't the creators of the forum software, we just use it.