What driver for Yamaha MOXF 8

Geek out about your keyboard, MIDI controller and any other equipment you're using with Playground!
Patrick:

What driver for Yamaha MOXF 8

Post by Patrick: » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:04 am

Hi,
I recently purchased a new keyboard, a Yamaha MOXF 8 and am having trouble connecting it to Playground Sessions.
I read the advice on Playground Sessions, and went to the Yamaha website looking for the drivers. There is only a Steinburger driver for this model of Yamaha keyboard. But this does not seem to work with PS. What driver do I need to connect?
Thanks for your help.

thomas1018
Site Admin

Re: What driver for Yamaha MOXF 8

Post by thomas1018 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:36 am

rarbois

Post by rarbois » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:14 pm

Hello,

I too have a Yamaha MOXF8 and a pc with windows 10. I tried to install the driver via the link you stated in the discussion and it will not install due to me having windows 10. I downloaded the Yamaha Steinberg driver and no luck working. Can you please point me in the right direction. When I look in the PS setting it does not show my keyboard. It says, "None".

"Go to this site: http://download.yamaha.com/usb_midi/index.html" Does not work!

Rick

Harryleo

Post by Harryleo » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:50 am

I just recently downloaded the latest Yamaha USB driver for my MOXF8 (1.9.10.2) from the Steinberg stite I couldn’t find it on the Yamaha site. It downloaded properly, so then I connected my USB cable from MOXF to computer. It connected properly as well, so then I opened Cubase 8. As it was loading, one thing I did notice was that with previous USB versions, it would ask me if I wanted to switch from the Generic version to MOXF ASIO USB instead