Laptop mount to small'ish pianos

Geek out about your keyboard, MIDI controller and any other equipment you're using with Playground!
gabrielbshore

Laptop mount to small'ish pianos

Post by gabrielbshore » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:59 am

Has anyone found a good system for mounting their laptop on their piano controller? I just bought the Yamaha NP-12 and for the life of me can't figure out how to do this without some seriously hideous C clamps. The Yamaha has a interesting sheet music mount that could feasibly be capable of swapping out for a horizontal laptop system – but I can't find anything like that. I'm tempted to try my hand at getting one made by a 3D printer. HMU if you're interested or have an alternative solution. -Gabriel

Laurensss

Re: Laptop mount to small'ish pianos

Post by Laurensss » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:32 pm

Hi,
You have probably already solved this! But just in case you did not, I came across your post trying to find a good spot to share my find for a really simple mount for (light) laptops on a Yamaha P-115. The P-115 has a long, horizontal slit (approx. 5 mm * 600mm) in the top that you can put a music rest (for song books) into. While cleaning out my garage I found an old metal wire iPad stand that does the job perfectly: Click . The wires are covered in a thin rubber layer that makes for a pretty secure fit into the top of the piano. Do tighten the screws with a bit of force. I don't know if it would fit your piano, but then it's only a couple of $.

Oh! Obviously you are the only judge on whether this solution works for you and is secure enough etc. I take no responsibility at all if this thing does not fit, fails, eats your cat, etc.