Kawai CN21 compatability?

Geek out about your keyboard, MIDI controller and any other equipment you're using with Playground!
Darrenwhitehouse

Kawai CN21 compatability?

Post by Darrenwhitehouse » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:01 am

Hi all

I have the above piano and am trying to connect it to the software but with no luck. I have connected the midi out and in leads to the piano (there is no USB port) and connected the USB end to the PC. It didn't recognise the piano so I downloaded the only driver available on the Kawai website and now the playground software shows it as 'USB midi' or something like that. It then asks me to play the lowest note which I do but nothing happens. Any tips?

Is it just that my piano is incompatible which would be a shame as I like the interactive elements.

Regards

Darren

sw1tch73ch

Re: Kawai CN21 compatability?

Post by sw1tch73ch » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:47 pm

The send of one side has to talk to the receiver of the other. It depends on the brand MIDI device you use - some of them like my Roland UM-1 are labeled explicitly "Connect to MIDI IN" or "Connect to MIDI OUT" where as some cables just say "MIDI IN" and "MIDI OUT". If yours just says "MIDI IN" and "MIDI OUT" then you have to connect the IN of the cable to the OUT of the keyboard. If it is like the UM-1, then you follow the instructions on the connector.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --