Feedback when I start to play a song on my CASIO PX-350M Piano

Geek out about your keyboard, MIDI controller and any other equipment you're using with Playground!
jazlady

Feedback when I start to play a song on my CASIO PX-350M Piano

Post by jazlady » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:08 pm

I started playing Playground Session, every time I begin to play a song the first note I see three to four wrong notes played even though I made sure to hit the correct notes. I tried it without pressing any keys and the three to four wrong notes still showed up. I am not sure if it is the software, midi controller, or my keyboard.

I talked with Playground session and they advise me to get the drivers for my piano. I talked to Casio and they told me there are no drivers but there is a firmware that I can upgrade. I am waiting for escalation to get back to me before I upgrade anything.

I am using the following hardware:

CASIO PX-350M Piano
HOSA Technology Midi to USB
Macbook Pro (2012)

It also plays some wrong feedback note when during the rest of song but mostly at the start.

What can I do to fix this?

I don't hear feedback from my piano when I unplug the midi to usb cable. I only hear it when I plug the mdi to usb cable to computer and being to play playground session. I have flipped the midi cables arounds. Should I turn off the piano sound within the Playground session? Or what should I do?

thomas1018
Site Admin

Re: Feedback when I start to play a song on my CASIO PX-350M Piano

Post by thomas1018 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:18 pm

Do you have another MIDI cable that you can try?

jotalillo

Post by jotalillo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:54 pm

In advanced settings, set latency to max (42 ms in my computer) and no more ghost notes at start.

jazlady

Post by jazlady » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:51 am

It wasn’t the piano. It was the Hosa midi cable causing the problem . I use the usb cable that came with piano and it works perfectly now. I love this piano