Simple, cheap and effective mounting solution for laptop on Yamaha P-115

Geek out about your keyboard, MIDI controller and any other equipment you're using with Playground!
Laurensss

Simple, cheap and effective mounting solution for laptop on Yamaha P-115

Post by Laurensss » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:40 pm

Hi,
After trying for some time to come up with a good idea for a laptop mount on my Yamaha P-115, by chance I came across a really simple solution to do this. The P-115 / P115 has a long, horizontal slit (approx. 5 mm * 600mm) in the top that you can put a music rest (for song books) into. While cleaning out my garage I found an old metal wire iPad stand that does the job perfectly, bought years ago and forgotten about: This one . The wires are covered in a thin rubber layer that makes for a pretty secure fit into the top of the piano. Do tighten the screws with a bit of force. I don't know if it would fit your piano if you have another model, but then it's only a couple of $ so if the music book mount is similar it may be worth a shot.

I would recommend this for pretty light laptops, like the MPB in the picture. Also, obviously, if you hit the laptop with some force sideways or upwards you will have another dent in your machine, and if you run off with your headphones still on you will have bigger trouble still. But it's hard to imagine something light and simple that would protect against that.

Important! Obviously you are the only judge on whether this solution works for you and is secure enough etc. I take no responsibility at all if this thing does not fit, fails, drops your machine, drops your machine on your cat, etc.

Miles

Re: Simple, cheap and effective mounting solution for laptop on Yamaha P-115

Post by Miles » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:24 pm

That looks pretty slick. And If I didn't already have a solution I would definitely give that a try.

I was fortunate enough to have another stand gifted to me. It's an Apex AX-48 Pro by Ultimate Support. It's meant for 2 keyboards but I use the top layer for my laptop. It's a little high because I have the stand for sheet music still underneath. It's where place my idad too.

My Novation Impusle 49 midi controller now lives on my old keyboard stand in the bedroom.

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:47 pm

Neat solution! Thanks for sharing that!
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

Laurensss

Post by Laurensss » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:12 am

Thanks. I further improved on it so I'm my humble opinion it's now better than anything you could buy in stores 8-) it now combines the music stand and laptop stand into one.

I'll take some pictures and write a quick instruction when I find the time.

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:31 am

Sweet setup, Laurensss. Thanks for sharing!
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com