Windows 10 Bluetooth Keyboard

Geek out about your keyboard, MIDI controller and any other equipment you're using with Playground!
blispers

Windows 10 Bluetooth Keyboard

Post by blispers » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:03 pm

Has anyone been able to set up a Bluetooth connection on Windows 10? I can pair my Bluetooth keyboard with my Windows 10 Computer. It is listed as an unspecified device. But, it is not recognized by PGS. Support says this should not work.

The keyboard works fine with a MIDI cord.

I am able to connect with Bluetooth on a Mac by connecting with the MIDI Audio Controller and then PGS recognizes the keyboard.

I want to connect using Bluetooth because the keyboard is not the best build quality. I have already broken the micro USB port. I don't want to be screwed if and when I break the MIDI port.

Thanks Scott

andrewwegierski

Re: Windows 10 Bluetooth Keyboard

Post by andrewwegierski » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:09 pm

Scott,

I reckon I may have communicated with you through email, but nevertheless, this is good for everyone to see:

Playground does not support Bluetooth connections as of now, and we have no way of assuring users that it will work. Some users have had success, while others haven't. You're welcome to try it, though.

We require a wired connection through a MIDI in/out or USB to Host port.

Best,
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

bderryberry90

Re: Windows 10 Bluetooth Keyboard

Post by bderryberry90 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:04 pm

You can't use android, you can't use a fire tablet, and now you can't use bluetooth midi. In today's age, that kind of stuff is mostly unacceptable.