Yamaha E3 Disklavier

Geek out about your keyboard, MIDI controller and any other equipment you're using with Playground!
huntertbd

Yamaha E3 Disklavier

Post by huntertbd » Mon May 28, 2018 2:05 pm

Does anyone know if the system will work with my Disklavier? Do I just need a MIDI to USB cable? Tough finding information on the site!

Hunter

andrewwegierski

Re: Yamaha E3 Disklavier

Post by andrewwegierski » Tue May 29, 2018 2:23 pm

Hi Hunter,

Thanks for reaching out. Yes, the Yamaha Disklavier models will absolutely work with Playground. I think they have BOTH Midi in/out jacks and USB to Host ports, so either will do. MIDI to USB cable for the former and USB A-to-B cable for the latter.

The tricky part with Disklavier pianos is the MIDI interface on them. If you're using a USB cable, you'll need to use the remote where you have more settings that can be controlled. WIth the remote, hit the set up button, go to the Midi option and make sure Midi In port equals USB, and the piano received channel equals 1, Midi in delay equals one, Midi Out port equals USB (often this needs to be changed).

I think if you're using a MIDI to USB cable, this won't be an issue. Let me know if you have any problems.

Best,
Andrew
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

huntertbd

Post by huntertbd » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:07 pm

Andrew-

I'm using a MIDI to USB cable, and when plugged in Playground seems to recognize the piano is there, but when it asks me to hit the far left key nothing happens. Any ideas?

H

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:42 pm

Hunter,

Sorry to hear about that issue. Try swapping the MIDI in and out plugs.

If you're on a desktop computer or laptop, make sure you've download the latest Yamaha MIDI drivers.

http://www.yamahaproaudio.com/global/en ... didrivers/

You might also need a driver for the MIDI cable itself. I'd google it just to be sure.

Best,
Andrew
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com