Two keys made weird, tinny sound earlier. Now they're fine.

Geek out about your keyboard, MIDI controller and any other equipment you're using with Playground!
Rick20033

Two keys made weird, tinny sound earlier. Now they're fine.

Post by Rick20033 » Sat May 18, 2019 3:39 pm

I received my keyboard bundle a couple of weeks ago. When I was practicing today, I was kind of goofing around and discovered that two keys I hadn't had reason to play yet (the third E and E Flat to the right of middle C) made a very weird, tinny sound when I hit them. I checked all the other keys and they were fine, but every time I hit those two they made that same sound. I was about to post here to ask how to get the keyboard fixed when I decided to go hit them again to get a better description of the sound.

They are both fine now.

Is this something that happens with electronic keyboards? I bought the Casio PX-770 and have been very happy with it thus far.

andrewwegierski

Re: Two keys made weird, tinny sound earlier. Now they're fine.

Post by andrewwegierski » Tue May 21, 2019 12:30 pm

Hi Rick,

Do you mean they made a tinny sound mechanically, or was this tinny sound rendered through the speakers?

In any case, it's not entirely uncommon to have an issue like this. I'm glad it's fine now - perhaps it was just doing this "out of the box" and needed to be played a little bit. I'm not sure.

Best,
Andrew
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com