Questions about Metronome volume and settings

Geek out about your keyboard, MIDI controller and any other equipment you're using with Playground!
anielia

Questions about Metronome volume and settings

Post by anielia » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:06 pm

I'm having trouble hearing the ticks of the metronome. I have changed the volume control under settings so that it's as high as it can go, but moving the slider does not seem to make any difference. Is the volume controlled by PS or by the volume setting on my laptop?
Also, everything I've seen that's in 4/4 time seems to give two clicks per measure, not four. Is there a way to change this so that it clicks on every beat instead of on every other? I've tried using an external metronome instead but near impossible to sync with the playback on the songs/lessons.

andrewwegierski

Re: Questions about Metronome volume and settings

Post by andrewwegierski » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:43 am

Try turning the backing tracks off in order to test if the metronome is actually changing volume. It's not a harsh tick sound - rather it's like the hi-hat on a drum set. Settings - Volume - Metronome should make a difference.

I think you're referring to the Rookie lessons - they're in 4/2. The dotted barlines separate the measures into half, so each one of those is 2/2, that's why there are two clicks per bar.
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com