Can’t connect keyboard to iPad or Windows?

Geek out about your keyboard, MIDI controller and any other equipment you're using with Playground!
EJKing656

Can’t connect keyboard to iPad or Windows?

Post by EJKing656 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:49 pm

Feeling a bit discouraged as I can’t connect my Nord Stage revision c to the app. My laptop acknowledges the keyboard is there but Playground won’t. I’ve updated the OS on my keyboard and updated the drivers on Windows 10. Not sure what else to do as it still shows keyboard as ‘NONE’. I’ve switched off and on and jumped through every hoop I can think of but no joy. Had the same problem trying to connect with iPad. It can’t see the keyboard either but I am changing to an apple brand adapter to see if that makes a difference. Any help I can get on the Windows issue would be gratefully received so I can actually start using it. Many thanks.

EJKing656

Re: Can’t connect keyboard to iPad or Windows?

Post by EJKing656 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:28 pm

So, I got an answer to my question which I'll paste here for anyone else having trouble connecting a Nord Classic with a USB cable:

"On the original Stage keyboards, MIDI is not transmitted or received via USB. The USB connection is only used for OS updates, sample transfers and communication with Nord's Sound Manager software. This is most likely why your software cannot see the Stage. FYI: the Stage 2 was the first Stage that could communicate via midi over USB.

If you are using MIDI with your current software, then you would need a midi interface connected to your computer via usb and then connect that to and from the Stage via the standard midi ports. These are readily available in many shapes, sizes and prices and can be purchased from any good Hi Tech music store."

Hope this is helpful.
Esther

andrewwegierski

Re: Can’t connect keyboard to iPad or Windows?

Post by andrewwegierski » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:54 am

Makes sense. I'm hardly familiar with Nord keyboards myself so thanks for sharing.

That's probably a USB to Device port then.
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com