My Playground Sessions Setup - sw1tch73ch

Geek out about your keyboard, MIDI controller and any other equipment you're using with Playground!
sw1tch73ch

My Playground Sessions Setup - sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:49 am

So this Forum in the Playground Session Forums is about Geeking out on our setups. And I haven't done that yet as far as I can see. So here I go:

I use a Yamaha P515 with Playground Sessions. It connects to a USB port on a Microsoft Surface Dock. That in turn ties to my 2017 Surface Pro (the one year they didn't give it a number - unofficially then, a Surface Pro 5). It use Windows 10, of course. I routed the sound from the tablet, through that same Surface Dock to the Aux In of the P515 so I hear the Accompaniment through the Keyboard amplifier and speakers. The keyboard also plays "Audio Over USB," but I don't think the Tablet has the horsepower for it.
IMG_2873(reduced scale).JPG
IMG_2873(reduced scale).JPG (606.17 KiB) Viewed 5422 times
Some marketing and reviews call the Yamaha P515 a portable Clavinova CLP 645. It uses the same "Natural Wood, Escapement" keyboard action, and offers roughly the same voices and features (Virtual Resonance Modeling, etc). Besides the key action, the Yamaha CFX Concert Grand and Bösendorfer Imperial Grand voices impress me the most.

I upgraded from a Yamaha YPG-635 and Intel NUC computer (really tiny computer) to the P515 with Surface Pro tablet. This combination works quite well.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

davidsides
Site Admin

Re: My Playground Sessions Setup - sw1tch73ch

Post by davidsides » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:35 pm

Looks solid to me!!

andrewwegierski

Re: My Playground Sessions Setup - sw1tch73ch

Post by andrewwegierski » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:53 am

Yamaha P series is my favorite! Way to go!

I tried to get mine in the white finish, but they didn't have any in stock. Love the appearance!
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com