Song Credit Reset

Geek out about your keyboard, MIDI controller and any other equipment you're using with Playground!
taylorfam03

Song Credit Reset

Post by taylorfam03 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:27 am

I understand that with my annual membership I get 5 song credits per month. These credits do not roll over to the next month so if I don't use them I lose them.

When does the month reset and I officially lose any leftover song credits?

Is it at on the 1st of each month. Or could it be every 30 days from the day I signed? I started my membership in the middle of the month, so maybe it will always reset on the 15th.

Gavala

Re: Song Credit Reset

Post by Gavala » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:50 am

Yes I believe its every month on your sign up date. I've just logged in to use my last 2 credits for this month and seen your question.

Soon as I see the next 5 credits appear I'll let you know that monthly by date is correct.

Gavala

Post by Gavala » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:29 am

I can confirm that they're credited each month on the date you first purchased.

emptynoise

Post by emptynoise » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:33 pm

And just in case you can't remember the exact date it's at the bottom of the 'your account' page when logged into the website.

Alan Charlesworth

Post by Alan Charlesworth » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:30 am

Very disappointed that this information is not made clear when you sign up. Unused credits disappear and I only found this out after the fact. Feel ripped off!

Kabeljauws

Post by Kabeljauws » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:33 am

So th best thing to do is to use all your credits each month, even if the song you bought isn't going to be on your playlist for a long time... Right?

maysnak

Post by maysnak » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:10 am

I am a new monthly member. I have been a member for a month and a half.
I just found out that I lost the credits from my first month.
I agree with the post by Alan Charlesworth.
I never suspected that the credits would disappear since that seems very underhanded to me without disclosing it.
Since I was just getting started, I wasn't ready to select songs
but I would have selected songs if I had known.

I have been happy with the system, but now it's so upsetting that that was not made clear
that I feel like cancelling my service just for being mislead.

Playground please make it very clear to new members of the use-or-lose policy at the beginning of membership
or, even better, remove the use-or-lose policy.

Thank you

FlatPanda

Post by FlatPanda » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:11 am

Hi all

While I understand your frustration about the subpar communication, I don't think this is worth to be upset over or think about cancellation and being ripped off.

In the pricing of PGS, you can think of 1 song credit = ca. $2. If you don't use them in the current month, you won't lose anything per se, just an opportunity cost to do something. I don't think that without becoming a professional piano player, you can learn 5 songs from 0 to 100 in each month, but maybe that's just for me...

Don't fret too much about "lost" credits, use them, whenever you want them, and gather stars, so you get even more songs "for free". I still hold my view that PGS is the cheapest solution to learn piano, and I honestly don't know how they don't have red numbers...

Cheers