Yamaha P125 to iPad connection?

Geek out about your keyboard, MIDI controller and any other equipment you're using with Playground!
Georgia

Yamaha P125 to iPad connection?

Post by Georgia » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:52 am

Hi Everyone I don’t know what connectors I need or where to plug into my digital piano? Can anyone assist? I am new here and looking forward to being part of this community ;)

pavel

Re: Yamaha P125 to iPad connection?

Post by pavel » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:23 am

Georgia

Post by Georgia » Fri May 01, 2020 12:21 am

Thank you I have it connected now with USB to lightning adapter. Recognises notes but not that I have done the exercises. It does not update and I have no access to harder exercises. I have just subscribed yesterday and have spent more time trying to fix the technology than learning piano. Frustrated.

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Sun May 03, 2020 9:49 pm

You should access to any exercise at any time. You do have to be connected fairly continuously to the Internet for Playground to update the checkmarks on some of the lessons, and potentially select the next lesson in the book camp/tour to see the check mark on the previous lesson update. It's a weird glitch.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

St8kout

Post by St8kout » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:38 am

If you practice while offline it will not update your progress. I also noted that same glitch about the checkmarks even while online. You have to click back to "Bootcamp," then click back again for the check mark to appear. Lately, even that stopped working, but on the Progress page where it shows the 'green boxes' of courses completed, it will show as completed even without the checkmark on the "Bootcamp" page.

You don't need that way overpriced official Apple connector. Get the "Amazon Basics" USB to USB-C adaptor for $11 (if you're using an ipad-Pro). I imagine the version with the lightning connector will work too. It not only works for Playground, but also for that great Yamaha app (Smart Pianist) that goes with the P-series pianos. Lets you control different keyboard sounds, effects, record, play along with your itunes songs, etc. It's a really great app.