New to This, and have a basic question

Geek out about your keyboard, MIDI controller and any other equipment you're using with Playground!
Bliz

New to This, and have a basic question

Post by Bliz » Mon May 25, 2020 8:45 pm

Hi,

I recently received a Clavinova CVP-609 without owners manual or information. I have downloaded user & reference manuals, and was wondering if anyone knows how, of if I can add midi files to my instrument? I am on a Mac platform, and wasn't sure if it were possible to add songs to the Clavinova.

Thanks!

Bliz :)

sw1tch73ch

Re: New to This, and have a basic question

Post by sw1tch73ch » Tue May 26, 2020 1:54 pm

I don't know if you can add files to the Clavinova pianos. Some of the lower end pianos have 5 slots for your songs. BUT - they nearly all allow you to plug in a USB drive and play the MIDI files from there. The flash drive goes into the "Rectangle" Type-A jack on the piano labeled "To Device". The one that goes to the computer is kind of squarish (and called a Type-B or printer cable). That should be labeled "To Host". The "To Host" port connects to your computer.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

jfanning

Post by jfanning » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:01 pm

Hello my name is Janet and I am fairly new here. I have been going through the bootcamp
lessons and have been achieving 100%, but now I'm having a problem achieving this same
score on a particular lesson. If I can't score 100%, then what score should I settle for before
moving on? Thank you for your answer.

kayakfamily

Post by kayakfamily » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:56 pm

Hi Janet,

I don't know what the offical reply should be but I'll tell you what I do. I stay with the lesson until I get 80% on a slower speed then I move on. Each practice day after that I repeat the lesson I didn't finish then jump ahead to another lesson. It works for me. I can play the same lesson without making progress until I give it a break and then return to it later. Sometimes I catch myself thinking about the missed lesson in my sleep. I am currenlty working on repating a couple of lessons that have an advnaced last step.

I hope this is helpful.

-Scott